During week 9, we used a substance called Paverpol along with newspaper to giver our sculptures some depth. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough Paverpol and it was really sticky to use which made it difficult for the students to wrap their sculptures.
During week 10 Mrs. Luker happened to have plaster wrap, which worked much, much better. The wrap consists of a gauze with plaster adhered to it. When you dip it in water, it becomes soft and pliable. Students cut strips of plaster wrap and wrapped their sculptures like they would a cast. When dry, the sculptures will be hard and we'll begin painting them.